Certificate 3 Guarantee
Gain a post-school qualification to enter the job market, re-enter the workforce, or take the next step in your career.
The Queensland Government invests in training based on industry advice to provide Queenslanders with the skills they need to gain meaningful and sustainable employment through the provider of their choice.
Government funding is directed to minimise skills shortages, focus on training for jobs that are in demand in our critical industries, and increase the number of Queenslanders with formal post-school qualifications.
As a pre-qualified supplier, we are able to offer the following government subsidised training in Queensland. View the link here and information for more detail.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Courses Available
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III level qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career.
The program also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications.
As a condition of your enrolment, you will be required to complete a student training and employment survey within three months of finishing or discontinuing your training.
Students are entitled to access government subsidised training for one completed Certificate III qualification. Once an eligible individual successfully completes a qualification through this program, they will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under this program.
This program is open to individuals who are:
- Queensland residents aged 15 years or over
- No longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- Not holding, and not enrolled in, a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training)
To be eligible to receive the Certificate 3 Guarantee, students must not already hold, or be currently studying a Certificate III or higher-level qualification. This includes any equivalent Certificate III or higher-level training completed at university or through an apprenticeship or traineeship. It does not matter if you paid for this training or if it was subsidised by the government.
Although, Certificate III qualifications completed while at school and foundation skills courses are not counted and you will still be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
Courses Available and Costs to the Participant
What courses are offered by Queensland International Institute (RTO NO: 31353) under “Certificate 3 Guarantee”?
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Face to face, blended and RPL delivery options available) - Co-Contribution Fee: $52 / $26 for concessional rate ($4 / $2 Concessional rate per unit)
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Face to face, blended and RPL delivery options available) - Co-Contribution Fee: $36 / $18 for concessional rate ($2 / $1 Concessional rate per unit)
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality (Face to face, blended and RPL delivery options available) - Co-Contribution Fee: $30 / $15 for concessional rate ($2 / $1 Concessional rate per unit)
Terms and Conditions
For more information about the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program funded by the Queensland Government Department of Employment, Small Business and Training please email: [email protected]
- Availability of funding is subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Queensland Government
- Students are required to make a co-contribution fee.
- The Student co-contribution fee is charged and collected prior to enrolment. Student Contribution Fees must be paid to Qii prior to applications being considered by direct deposit. These fees will be refunded for unsuccessful applications or credited in full towards another course with Qii
- Participant will be required to complete a Training and Employment Survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the course
- Delivery mode: Blended learning (face to face, distance learning or RPL - A Qii educational specialist will discuss your requirements with you and an individual training plan will be established based on your skills, knowledge and experience.
How do you qualify concession fees?
Concessional student status applies when:
- The student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- The student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include young people in detention)
- The student has a disability
- The student is an adult prisoner.